Sunday, July 6, 2008

Felted Hat





Here is just a hat I felted for no one. I made it shortly after I made my grandma's slippers. I liked knitting with the yarn and I still have a lot left. This hat was made from the pattern "A Classic Cloche" from Knit One, Felt Too by Kathleen Taylor. I did not follow it exactly because I didn't want a cloche so I made it more like a regular winter hat. The mouth is actually a lot wider than I expected...didn't really hold its shape. So...it seems more like a beanie or an over-sized yarmalka. It just sits on your head like a piece of paper and comes to the tops of the ears. Not sure if I can fix this; I guess I could do some research and figure out what I would need to do. It shrunk length wise but not width wise :-(. It was made with Crystal Palace Yarns "Taos" 100% wool.

No comments: